Sunday, July 02, 2006

NCoverExplorer... Merging Coverage Files

Several users have reported issues when merging coverage xml files - the merge is aborted with the following dialog:


In response to this post on the NCover forum I explained why this occurs, without being able to provide an immediate workaround still using the merge feature.

I have just modified the way I process the xml files to workaround this problem and will include this fix in the NCoverExplorer 1.3.4 release which I will push out in the next week or two.

While on the subject of merging - I have also enhanced the NCoverExplorer.Console.exe and the NAnt/MSBuild tasks to now allow the automated saving of the results of merging multiple coverage files.

For anyone who can't wait for the official release please drop me an e-mail (use Help-> Send Feedback in NCoverExplorer) and I will give you a link to the current build. Any early feedback to identify any issues with these features or the others I have added for 1.3.4 would be appreciated.

2 Comments:

At July 03, 2006 9:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will 1.3.4 will bring the Html reporting discussed here on March? There is also a disscusion about it on TestDriven group at google.
I really like to know.

 
At July 03, 2006 10:30 am, Blogger kiwidude said...

No, this 1.3.4 version will not include html detail reporting. I havent forgotten about the request - but as I don't have demand for it from my work colleagues and it's a non-trivial thing to implement it's not at the top of the priority list for how I spend my free time at this point... :-)

I have however added a new CC.Net summary report to the stylesheet which goes down to class level (per namespace per module).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home